Motors, projection, choreographyThesis & FMP
This week’s objectives:
- finish motors concoction so it can be tested and fitted on the costume
- figure out details for the exhibition
- second choreotype with Amy
I used a regular projector on the windows at first covered with layout paper, however, it was pretty much invisible during the day. So in the evening, Tom and I tried the short throw projector which can cover all 5 windows at the same but and also is brighter and clearer. We also used these special projection films to test clarity and will be using them for the show.
Below are sketches for the space that I intend to show my work in, having projections in the windows and the dress hanging but then after consideration, it looks like it would be much nice if I cover all 10 windows instead of 5.
So I did a storyboard for some ideas to create a 10 panel format. There’s really a lot I can do here with the narrow format.
On thursday, I met with Amy and Hana to think about the movements for documenting through photos and videos and it went really well. Amy is really good at capturing the emotions in her movement.
I had a few issues with the circuit after I soldered everything and had to clean up and switch a few wires, but it all worked out and it’s onto Hana now to sew it onto the garment.
Then today, I’m hoping to try the projector with the mock up image that I made during the day so I can see how powerful the short throw is during the day.
This is the costume with the electronic components sewn onto the back. We found the felt is not a very strong material to hold up everything so we may need to resew the base.